Posted: Monday, Oct 30, 2017
Job Type: Part Time
A two-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division which includes Skechers Memory Foam and the charity line BOBS from Skechers, and Skechers Performance which includes Skechers GOrun and Skechers GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear and more.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1000 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 120 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and across Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Skechers ships product through a 1.82 million square-foot, fully automated, LEED-Gold certified distribution facility in California that serves North America. The Company also operates a 753,000-square-foot facility in Belgium that serves Europe and ships directly to the rest of the planet.
The Product Specialist is responsible for driving unit sales at a high velocity through creating an exceptional and exciting customer experience. Product Specialists are responsible for engaging with customers and applying the knowledge learned from company-driven training programs as it relates to product knowledge and the SKECHERS Promise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Expected to engage customers and provide excellent customer service in order to meet or exceed assigned sales plans and target metric objectives within the assigned store.
• Maintains a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Properly and accurately retrieves or receives merchandise for customers.
• Assists customers with transactions on register. Properly calculates sales discounts, total sales and determine bills, accepts payments, and makes change for customers (if trained to do so).
• Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Personally walks each bag around the counter to the customer.
• Graciously accepts returns while turning returns into exchanges. Partners with management if customer requires return/exchange transactions.
• Assists in proper product placement and consistent execution of company’s marketing and visual presentation standards and directives.
• Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise end caps to promote sales.
• Maintains a “wallpaper” image throughout shift in assigned zone.
• Correctly stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise and merchandise boxes.
• Stocks shelves and end caps with merchandise. Sets up displays, end caps and bins according to company directives.
• Ability to professionally communicate and engage customers by answering questions and sharing product features and benefits.
• Demonstrates teamwork by working cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others.
• Represents the company in a positive manner both with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow The Promise and all company customer service standards.
• Completes all inventory processes promptly and accurately in order to limit losses and shrink.
• Responsible for heavy amounts of stock functions including, but not limited to, stock processing, filling and stocking floor racks and back-stock racks, in-store inventories, shifting bins and walls of product, etc. Physical work load and manual labor to be performed by associates may be heavy (warehouse environment).
• Completes verification of store funds when asked to do so.
• Ability to accurately assess product fit upon customer request.
• Complies with policies and procedures at all times.
• Completes quality store recovery throughout the shift and at closing in order to prepare for the next day’s business.
• Willing and able to clean shelves, counters, tables, floors and overall store.
• Completes daily housekeeping and cleaning to ensure store is always visually appealing to customers.
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.