Posted: Monday, Sep 11, 2017
Job Type: Full Time
Andrews, a Toronto fashion destination for over 20 years, represents the best in style, quality, value and selection. At Andrews, we offer more than just high quality clothes, but the services to match. We offer a one-stop shopping experience – catering to your every need and desire.
We are currently looking for someone to fill the roll of Assistant Manager at our Sherway Gardens store. The Assistant Manager will aid the Store Manager in achieving business objectives by supporting all sales activities and ensuring the execution of administrative tasks which support the store operations. This will include personnel management, exceeding defined business targets while working within given budgets and building the brand’s image through sales.
• Opening and closing of the store.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of store.
• Work towards balanced strengths in sales, operations, merchandising and personnel management.
• Maintain great interpersonal skills to ensure clear, effective communication with all stores, colleagues and staff.
• Ensure that Customer complaints and feedback are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Support/follow/implement/enforce store operations manual at all times and provide feedback on any updates/changes that might become necessary.
• Assist Store Manager in training and development of the staff
• Work in and promote a team oriented environment that will foster their growth.
• Display strong leadership skills by leading by example.
• Consistently show a positive attitude & take responsibility for own actions.
• Guide the team to be results-driven.
• Encourage transparency and open communication.
• Implement and review store policies/procedures on a regular basis and ensure staff adheres to them.
• In partnership with Store Manager, maintain current programs for optimal sales performance practices, including training books, communication binders, bulletin boards, holds and damages, schedules and backroom organization.
• Maintain store schedules.
• Ensure staff adheres to attendance and punctuality.
• Maintain the accuracy of the Customer database, ensure that your team is entering all client data in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ideally, proven experience in a similar role within other fashion luxury companies or several years of experience as a sales associate/operations/department manager within a retail environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Proven ability to drive results.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
• Talent for managing, coaching and developing a team.
• Strong communication skills.
• Passion for fashion industry and high level of personal performance.